Want To Get The Most Out Of Your A/C?
We all enjoy the benefits of temperature control in our homes, stores, and offices alike. Air conditioning keeps us cool against the heat of the world. A lot of people don’t consider how much stress we put on our A/C units though. That kind of work is slowly breaking down your system. It’s something that we rarely think about until it’s too late. So what can you do?
Regular A/C inspections and maintenance can save you a lot of time, money, and hassle. Just like you or your car, air conditioners need a routine check up to keep everything running smoothly and efficiently.
The average A/C unit loses nearly 5% of its efficiency every year. In time that wear and tear can lead to damage to components or even failure. This could leave you stuck having to pay for repairs or even a brand new unit. With a regular tune-up for your A/C, you could end up saving a lot of money and hassle.
There is a lot to gain having regular maintenance done for your A/C unit. Maintenance is much more affordable than having to pay for full repairs. It also takes almost no time out of your day. Maintenance can often be scheduled and completed without needing to disturb you at all.
An A/C unit kept in good condition runs far more efficiently. Proper care and maintenance can keep your unit running up to 95% of when it was brand new! It also greatly reduces the chance that you could have an unexpected breakdown.
What You Get
- Lower Monthly Electric Bill – Your air conditioner uses a lot of power. Each year you spend without maintenance just means it will take more and more. As efficiency declines, power costs go up just to maintain the same temperature.
- Reduced Costs For Repairs – We don’t pay much attention to our A/C until it’s too late. A little bit of investment now can save you thousands in the future.
- Improved Warranty Retention – Most units come with a factory warranty. A lot of these warranties include regular maintenance for the unit though. If you have regular inspections and maintenance work done for the A/C, you could save that warranty for when you need it.
- Less Hassle!
When To Hire A Professional
There is some regular maintenance that you can take care of yourself. At least once a year you should take the time to have full maintenance done though. Professional maintenance keeps your unit running properly and efficiently.
Outside of scheduled maintenance, you can still do a few things to help your A/C. You should always remember to change your air conditioning filters regularly. This helps to make sure that you are getting proper airflow and cleaner air. This reduces the stress on your unit.
Outdoor condenser coils also accumulate a lot of dirt. It’s easy to notice if you take a look at your A/C unit. A quick cleaning of any nearby debris can save you a lot of hassle. Reduce the amount of foliage and try to minimize lawn mowing near the unit.
Anything in the A/C unit can cause it to take more strain. Try to avoid:
- Nearby Foliage
- Dirt From Rain
The more you can do to reduce dirt and debris around the unit will be greatly beneficial. It helps reduce your electric costs and the stress that the air conditioning unit receives.
Professional Technicians Can Save Your Unit
With regular maintenance from a professional HVAC technician, you gain a much more reliable inspection and maintaining. Qualified technicians will:
- Check The Refrigerant Levels
- Test For Any Leaks
- Oil The Motors To Reduce Electrical Strain
- Test For Duct Leakage
- Measure The Airflow In The Evaporator Coil
- Ensure That The Electric Controls Are Functioning Properly
- Inspect And Clean Electric Terminals
- Check The Accuracy Of The Thermostat
- Properly Handle Refrigerant (Required By Law)
- Check Any Belts For Damages
If you have an air conditioning unit of any age, don’t hesitate to call in a professional HVAC crew. There could be plenty of life left in your A/C unit that could save you thousands. New air conditioning units can be extremely costly and time consuming to install if there are any problems from the previous unit. Just a little maintenance can protect your investment for years to come. Custom Air Systems would be more than happy to make sure you are getting the cool you deserve.
Call (281) 489-1830 today to schedule a tune-up for your A/C.
Join the discussion One Comment