24/7 Emergency HVAC Services:(281) 489-1830
Hurricane Harvey has touched every aspect of life along the Texas coast. Homeowners and businesses seeking emergency AC services may have been sorely tested to find an adequate response. Custom Air Systems is available with the 24-hour HVAC , residents and business owners need.
Harvey Recovery for Business
The four-plus feet of water that swept Manvel caused AC damage at unprecedented levels. While rain itself cannot damage the outside part of your central air conditioning system, standing water can leave an air conditioning unit flooded for days. The floodwater is unlike falling rain; it is contaminated, loaded with debris and septic.
Businesses routinely use single-unit central air conditioners installed on roofs; many of these may have escaped the Harvey flooding. Tempting as the thought may be, business owners should not turn these units on until a skilled technician, like those from Custom Air Systems, make an emergency visit to your business.
Here are some reasons to call first:
- Flooding could have exposed electrical lines to damage;
- First-floor supply and return ducts could have filled with flood water;
- Contaminants in the water (gasoline, effluent, chemicals) could corrode or destroy refrigerant lines from occupied spaces to the roof unit.
Harvey Recovery for Your Home
The flooding and weather damage of your AC unit at your Manvel residence requires quick action by the trained technicians of Custom Air Systems. You may be wondering, “Can rain affect my air conditioning unit?” While rain — even heavy rain — does little harm to your home’s AC, flooding is a different matter.
To ensure you can operate your home’s AC after a flood, do not turn on your system until a visit from Custom Air Systems. Our responders can be on site at your home as fast as possible, assessing your indoor and outdoor units.
Our technicians will:
- Evaluate any physical damage to the exterior unit caused by debris, contaminated water or blunt impact;
- Evaluate flood damage for sensitive parts, gaskets and seals;
- Inspect and assess the interior unit, especially if it was also subjected to flooding due to its placement.
The service technicians of Custom Air Services, like you, may never have experienced a disaster as widespread, devastating or long-lasting as Hurricane Harvey’s flooding. We, too, are recovering. Yet we know we owe much to our community, and we are ready to give back.
We will make ourselves available any time day or night to help our Manvel neighbors and friends get their homes and businesses back to normal. Indoor air quality, cool air and dehumidification are all keys to making life enjoyable. Contact us today to let us help you recover.